Sunday 6 November 2011

Magic Trip


Another must have DVD, I  wish it was "Been there, Done That." but I blinked and missed it.
I know a few People who say that "Back in the Day" they were part of it, but they have now moved on, as it was just a phase in their life, where they did it because it was the "In thing to do" a way of being at one of the Crowd.
But some of us are left in a Time Warp, only to find when you step back into reality the World has changed..

Magic Trip: In 1964, Ken Kesey, the famed author of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” set off on a legendary cross-country road trip to the New York World’s Fair. He was joined by “The Merry Band of Pranksters,” including Neal Cassady, the American icon immortalized in Kerouac’s “On the Road.” Kesey and the Pranksters intended to make a documentary about their trip, but the film was never finished and the footage has remained virtually unseen. With MAGIC TRIP, Oscar®-winning director Alex Gibney and Alison Ellwood were given unprecedented access to this raw footage to create a documentary of this extraordinary piece of American history.

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Now I'll have to look for this... yes, I'm an old Gypsy Hippie Chic stuck in my Time Warp where I'm perfectly Content... most of my Passions and Styling haven't changed really since the 60's and early 70's and I say Contentment is great gain... whatever Era you feel most connected to. I live in the Present and the Moment, but I have a real affection for the Past and look forward to the Future... I'd love to see this documentary and have a heady dose of Nostalgia. *Winks, pass the Popcorn!*

Dawn... The Bohemian