Friday 1 May 2009

Packrafting

Well at last all sorted.
I was sent the wrong Paddle but a friend called in and we did a swop.
I had a Combo Paddle, a 2 piece Kayak Paddle that came with 2 extra pieces with T handles attached, to make up 2 single paddles not the sort of thing you need in a packraft.
So we did a swop and I now have a Boreal Swift 4 piece adjustable Kayak Paddle it's not as light as I would like at 3lbs (including the bag) but it does the job and packs down to a good size .
I reckon my 2 piece Carlisle Paddle is lighter but it doesn't pack down as small.
I was also given a bag at the same time, that I can put everything in, Packraft, Paddle, Pfd, and Spare Clothes, so it's now a case of Grab It, throw it over my shoulder and Go.

I'm also trying to put together what is maybe best described as a Bugout Bag, not for any Disasters or End of the World senarios, but just something that keeps my Getaway gear together.
I'm trying to make it Hobolight without spending any money on new stuff!!

No comments: